Sitec are pleased to be offering the role of Production Controller. This is a 12 month contract and has a pay rate of £32ph Ltd.
Working within the Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) group, the Production Scheduler will support the team with the collation and processing of data for schedule updates (into and out of AIT). The candidate will assist with creating production schedules for every project undertaken in AIT facilities, and illustrating the status and risks of those activities, as well as the resource constraints.
* All aspects of Manufacturing,
* Assembly, Integration and Test in the C-AIT plants (in the UK and Europe) such as AIT Operations
* Production Control
* Manufacturing Engineering & Programme Management.
* Project operations in respective business units
* Liaising with project scheduling teams and the design office
* Purchasing (direct & indirect)
* Input into and maintain Production Schedules, with the assistance of the Production Control Manager.
* Maintain the 'live' status of products in the AIT production flows with assistance of area team leaders and area managers.
* Contribute to the data collection and assist with the weekly capacity reviews.
* Optimise the factory resources.
* Ensure that bottleneck resources and capacity constraints are recognised and addressed.
* Continually monitoring the planning database to insure reliable and realistic information is used for developing schedules.
* Carry out schedule analysis to maximise future workload with external divisions and the AIT Business Manager.
* Issue documentation in accordance with the weekly reporting cycle (e.g. work to lists).
* Assist with the monitoring of drawing release activity and adherence to production schedules.
* Continuous self-development of the production scheduling tool and AIT processes, whilst networking with personnel throughout the AIT and Stevenage organisations.
* Experience of using the Primavera P6 scheduling tool
* Able to work in high pressure environments.
* Able to prioritise workload effectively.
* Experience of operating an MRPI, MRPII, ERP or ideally SAP within a manufacturing environment.t
* Strong interpersonal skills, confident to communicate and able to assert influence in multifunctional environment.
* They will need to be flexible, adaptable, able to apply a logical approach to problems and have an 'eye for detail'.
* 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing scheduling.
* Manufacturing systems relevant qualification.
* Able to read and understand Bill of Materials (BoM's)
Education & Training
Degree educated in a relevant subject.
The candidate will also need to have a good level of education in Math's, English & Science
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.