Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Product Safety and Environmental Engineer to join our client based in either Newport S/Wales or Portsmouth.
This is a contract role for an initial 12 months with extension likely, the pay rate for this role is £550p/day Ltd.
Main tasks and accountabilities
- Support and facilitate the creation and maintenance of Product Regulatory Compliance Records and preparation of technical files, including the assessment of relevant supplier information and support to internal / external test campaigns.
- Support the development of products to meet the requirement of EU Directives including the delivery of technical files and Declarations of Conformity.
- Development and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with UK MOD Safety and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of project Safety and Environmental Management Plans and related safety and environmental management system documentation.
- Production of deliverable documentation and ensuing the timely delivery and acceptance in line with project timescales.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to project and product teams, acting as focal point for all project Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance matters.
- Lead and manage to resolution Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance issues.
- Ensuring that all business, regulatory and customer requirements are identified and appropriate compliance evidence is available.
- Undertaking / facilitating required Safety and Environmental analysis.
- Chair internal / external Project Safety and Environmental Committee meetings as required.
- Costing/scheduling of Safety and Environmental work packages.
- Supporting and participating in Project reviews.
- Degree in Engineering, Safety, Environmental or related subject with a background in Safety or Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Product Regulatory Compliance legislation.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety Management Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of UK MOD Safety and Environmental Management processes (Def Stan 00-056, POSMS, POEMS).
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification and / or experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.