Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Product Safety and Compliance Engineer for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The Product Safety and Compliance Engineer will be working within the Mechanical Systems & Validation Team at the Perkins site.
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Product Safety & Compliance Engineer who will be accountable for all aspects of demonstrating the compliance of engines and engine systems to global regulatory requirements (excluding exhaust emissions).
The role involves:
* Identifying safety hazards and ensuring that they are adequately mitigated
* Ensuring product regulatory compliance risks are identified and managed
* Working with development engineers to ensure that design requirements are identified
* Compiling and maintaining Technical Files to demonstrate compliance to 2006/42/EC
* Reporting on new and updated product standards
* Providing regulatory guidance to Product Managers, Engineers, and Customers
The role is within our Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, and India.
* Identification and interpretation of non-emissions related product standards, regulations and certification requirements for Diesel Engines across all IPSD product lines and markets.
* Ensure timely completion of product compliance documentation, risk assessments, and safety/compliance audits on behalf of Product Management.
* Providing support to product development engineers in the identification of hazards, and definition of appropriate mitigation actions.
* Act as the 'voice of the regulator'
* Lead initiatives to introduce compliance to new regulations, provide training and drive increased cultural awareness of Product Safety and Regulatory Issues.
* Design knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets
* Experience in creation of product compliance documentation for 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive (Technical Files, Risk Assessments)
* Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
* Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
* Strong commitment to product safety and quality, with excellent communication skills at all levels.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Materials Science or suitable product design and development experience
* Professional Engineering accreditation (e.g. CEng, IEng)
* Understanding of European product requirements, 2014/30/EU EMC Directive, 1907/2006 REACH, 2011/65/EU ROHS, and Functional Safety Standards
Up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.