Sitec has a requirement for a Product Manager - Marine for our client based in Portsmouth.
This is an exciting contract position for an estimated 6 months initially, the max rate of pay is up to £550.00 p/day LTD Company (dependent on experience)
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Performing as a Product Manager - Marine, the successful candidate will work within the Service Product Management Team.
The purpose of the role is to manage the lifecycle of various Communications Products in the Maritime environment for Government and Military customers (UK/US and EMEA) within the Product Management Team of Secure Communications.
This extends from monitoring of existing products with a view to increasing the user experience, profitability, and quality of service to developing new products for the business and enhancing the portfolio. You will develop products from new ideas, using your contact with customers and prospects and especially suppliers (existing and potential). You will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. This role will primarily focus on the SCOT Maritime Product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capture customer requirements and needs
- Specifying new services, features, products and processes
- Analyse competitive offers and develop a product benchmark
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with Marketing, Business Intelligence & Pricing teams
- Launch and roll-out product plan and schedule in close partnership with internal stakeholders
- Monitor and suggest improvements to the financial and technical performance of the Product
- Improve customer experience, quality of service, service usage and optimise activation process
- Increase product penetration and usage
- Manage the Product Process
- Be the internal customer and conduct user trials before product commissioning
- Champion the product - provide training and familiarisation to the Sales teams
- Provide product updates and enhancement communications, brochures, fact sheets, white papers
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise.
- Promote products externally with support of sales and Marketing
- Maintain the product promotion in the portfolio
- Develop a sound understanding of the product commercial aspects (pricing strategies, costs, margins)
- Propose actions to increase margins (renegotiation of tariffs, improvement efficiencies, new price schemes)
- Manage the product Lifecycle, creating the roadmap and alignment of R&D with R&T
- Working with the Product Engineering team developing Maritime products
- Interfacing closely with Procurement to develop good supplier relations
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience of Product Management / Marketing / Development
- Understanding of financial metrics and measures
- Understanding of Product Management proficiencies
- Understanding of the Maritime market and requirements
- Good communications and organisational skills
- Interest in continuous improvement
- Understanding of Maritime communications products, technology and their applications
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in the Military / Government / maritime related environment
- Experience of Satellite communications
- Experience of working in diverse international teams
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.