Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Product Compliance Engineer working for client based in Peterborough. This role is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
The pay rate will be between £28-35 p/hr LTD Company but this is dependent on experience.
Our client - Caterpillar Inc - operates in an unprecedented global regulatory enforcement environment, and the compliance expectations of Caterpillar's key regulators, its Board of Directors, customers and investors have never been higher. Caterpillar's global footprint, key markets & industries, growth strategy and business model places compliance risk at the forefront of many of our business processes.
The UK Emissions and Product Conformance team, is part of a larger group with accountability for interpreting, communicating and leading a strong position of global regulatory compliance. Working with enterprise regulatory experts, the team is responsible for providing focused regulatory guidance and conformance services to Caterpillar's Medium Engine business.
Due to exciting developments in our clients product range, an opportunity has arisen for a Product Compliance Engineer to join their engineering team.
The role will suit candidates with a background in compliance, product development, validation, project management or quality and will provide the opportunity to develop an understanding of product regulations and exposure to a broad range of engineering disciplines.
As a Product Conformance Engineer the successful candidate will support the development of Caterpillar's family of medium sized diesel engines (0.5 - 7.1L) and associated products, ensuring that product regulations are met.
The role is within our clients Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, and India.
The Product Compliance Engineer will:
* Develop an understanding of product standards relating to non-emissions regulations and requirements for Diesel Engines across all markets.
* Identify and agree the appropriate interpretation of product requirements relating to EU Machinery Directive, Functional Safety, EMC, Noise, REACH, RoHS.
* Ensure timely completion of product compliance documentation, risk assessments, and audits. Work with engineers and project leads to identify safety hazards and compliance risks, before agreeing appropriate mitigation actions.
* Plan and drive activities to complete within program timelines, to ensure delivery of validation/testing, documentation of test outcomes, and technical review & sign off.
* Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
* Strong commitment to product safety and quality, with excellent communication / influencing skills at all levels.
* Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
* An education in engineering, with a background in product development or validation. Knowledge of internal combustion engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets would be an advantage.
* An ability and interest to review regulatory documents and engineering standards, before providing coaching to engineers and other business areas.
* Experience in creation of product compliance documentation or validation reports, to demonstrate product compliance, would be an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.