Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Product Certification Engineer working for client based in Peterborough. This role is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
Due to exciting developments in our clients product range, an opportunity has arisen for a Product Compliance Engineer to join their engineering team.
As a Product Compliance Engineer you will support the development our family of diesel engines (0.5 - 7.1L) and associated products, ensuring that product regulations are met across a range of projects.
The role is within our Peterborough Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, and India.
The Product Compliance Engineer will:
* Identify and interpret product standards relating to non-exhaust emissions regulations and certification requirements for Diesel Engines across all IPSD product lines and markets.
* Ensure timely completion of product compliance documentation, risk assessments, and audits.
* Work with engineers and project leads to identify safety hazards and compliance risks, agree appropriate mitigation actions, drive target timelines for validation/testing, document test outcomes, and agree sign off criteria.
* Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
* Strong commitment to product safety and quality, with excellent communication / influencing skills at all levels.
* Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
* Experience of product development and sign off. Knowledge of IC engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets will be an advantage.
* Experience in creation of product compliance documentation or validation reports, to demonstrate product safety.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.