Sitec has a requirement for a Procurement Specialist - for our client within the Aircraft industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Filton, Bristol. The max pay rate for this role is up to £26.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Job Title: Commodity Leader (Procurement):
Landing Gear Systems: PELC
Operating Level: AP
Reporting to: Commodity Manager, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
* The client's Procurement Organisation manages commercial agreements with all external suppliers. Equipment Procurement is largely responsible for procurement of complex, high value aircraft systems. This role is within the team responsible for Landing Gear Systems Procurement.
* The job holder is responsible for management of A380 and A350 Wheels, Tyres & Brakes contracts and commercial agreements within the Landing Gear Systems Procurement Commodity.
KEY FIGURES / DIMENSIONS
* Job holder has the responsibility for developing the Airbus relationship suppliers.
* Management of high value contracts.
* No line management responsibility however will be expected to manage project within a multifunctional environment.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (within organisational area):
* Support robust, cross-functional, collaborative working relationships between Airbus Procurement, internal and supplier based teams. This will be achieved by supporting the Multi-Functional Team requirements, to deliver business results.
* Commercial management, ensuring commercial integrity of agreements for new or existing development programmes.
* Be responsible for leading negotiations on contract development, supplier and Airbus claims or retrofit actions.
* Ensure supplier programme developments are achieved to time and cost, incorporating applicable processes.
* Identify value creation opportunities and deliver cost reduction programmes on existing contracts and maximise purchasing leverage on new programmes.
* Ensure working practices are aligned to Airbus Procurement processes and procedures.
MAJOR END RESULTS:
* Negotiation of contractual agreements / amendments.
* Ensure project commercial budget challenges are met through negotiation and development of commercial leverage.
* Ensure delivery of optimum supply chain pricing and contractual terms.
* Satisfy customers and programme directorate requirements.
* Support MFT expectations.
* Strong contractual and commercial background with technical knowledge.
* High capability for negotiation of contractual documents.
* Proven ability in team working and influencing skills.
* Experience of delivering projects within a Procurement environment.
* Multicultural working experience.
* Working knowledge of office IT systems
LOCATION Filton, UK
Some short duration travel within Europe/USA may be required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.