Sitec are recruiting a Procurement Analyst for our client CAT Perkins Engines in Peterborough. Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
This is a contract role for an estimated duration of 6 months
As a Procurement Analyst, you will provide procurement support on all purchasing, logistics and material related matters including purchasing of materials from external suppliers. The successful candidate will work closely with other procurement staff within a small team at the Europe Research & Development Centre. Procurement is typically for engineering and R&D related materials.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide support to the Prototype Procurement team on processing of purchase orders and communication with suppliers, including expediting of material from internal and external suppliers
* Provide support to various engineering personnel on all purchasing, logistics and material related matters with a specific focus on supporting the team with purchase requests and ordering materials from both external suppliers and internal plants.
* Develop and implement plans to reduce costs including purchased, worked and delivered material.
* Research information on suppliers based on price, delivery timescales and quality.
* Represent the Prototype Procurement team at various meetings with internal customers and suppliers, feeding back critical information to help the business meet it's commitments to achieve programme milestones and commitments to customers
* Contribute to increased efficiency of procurement activities by recommending process and tool improvements, and work with Information Services on system changes/enhancements as required.
* Assist with resolution of supplier grief or payment issues originating from purchase orders from within the department.
* Participate in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and makes recommendations on procurement options for new products being designed to lower costs, ways to increase quality and responsiveness to customers.
Qualifications - Required Qualifications:
* Knowledge of and previous experience in logistics and purchasing activities
* Excellent team participation skills with a high degree of focus on customers
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong PC skills - Excel skills particularly important
* Experience with Ariba MySupplyCabinet or MFGPro for raising of purchase orders would be advantageous
* Ability to read engineering drawings with an appreciation of engines and understanding of machining or fabrication processes
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.