Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for a former Research and Development Centre in Scotland. The post is an estimated 11 months contract and is paying competitively from £220.00 to £300.00 per day on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
The purpose of the job is to manage and deliver project activities.
The Job Holder will be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
The Job Holder will:
* Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
* Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
* Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
* Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
* Write Technical Specifications.
* Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
* Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
* Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
* Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.
* Manage staff as a Line Manager.
* HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
Additional information specific to this role
* Previous experience of designing processes in a nuclear environment is required.
* Experience of processes using highly hazardous materials is required.
* Previous experience of evaporator and centrifuge processes would be a distinct advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.