Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Fawley, Southampton. The post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis based on a 37.5 hour week.
* Participate in the development of basic process design specifications or provide oversight of an engineering contractor's technical deliverables during the front end design / detailed engineering phases of projects.
Scope of Work
* To lead the development of small and medium projects through EMCAPS Stages 2 and 3 and provide project deliverables suitable for handover to detailed engineering organization.
* Coordinate support of full project team from relevant disciplines, including project execution during the development phases.
* Act as point of contact and provide support for projects during execution phases, including, but not limited to responding to technical queries and leading pre-start up safety reviews.
* Mentoring less experienced team members where appropriate.
Task & Responsibilities
* Perform process optimization studies to identify / evaluate capital / operating cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
* Provide technical oversight for engineering contractor's work during front end engineering & design / detailed engineering to ensure consistency with Company methods & guidelines, project specifications & owner's requirements
* Participate in Hazard & Operability Reviews for new / modified facilities / in support of existing plant facilities
* Provide commissioning & start-up assistance for new / modified facilities, as required
* Establish organization and staffing process
* Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
* Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
* Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
* Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
* Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, required
* 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in petroleum refining / chemical process industry / with an engineering contractor serving these industries
* 5+ years of demonstrated capital project development experience
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
* Chartered Chemical Engineer preferred.
* Must be conversant in project business case development and lead case selection, and process design with demonstrated experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.