Sitec has an exciting opportunity for 2 Process Control Engineers to be based at our Client's manufacturing facility i.e. CAT Perkins Engines in Peterborough. These are Contract roles within GSND (Global Supply Network Division) to manage procurement of parts for New Product Introduction (NPI), Prove Design projects and supplier resourcing activity. The hourly rates are negotiable dependant on experience.
Process Control Engineer / Supply Collaboration Engineer / Purchasing Project Leader
* Leading Project teams
* Project management
* Priority Setting
* End to End Purchasing knowledge
* Previous buying experience
* Knowledge of Supply Chain activities
* Lead Supplier Resourcing activity
* Issue Escalation and resolution
* Project management
* Phase in / Phase out planning
* Providing Stakeholder updates
* The successful candidates will be required to manage supply network procurement related activities to deliver procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division (GSND) and the team supporting Facility / Divisional Leaders.
* Deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock and additional required points.
* Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues and reaching consensus on specific actions
* Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
* Analytical, problem solving
* Effective communicator in written and oral form. Proficiency in English
* Knowledge of MFGPro and /or Teamcentre an advantage
* Purchasing/Supply Chain/Logistics expertise
* Previous cost modelling experience
* Project Management experience
* Additional Languages - Japanese (Advantageous but not mandatory)
* Ability to travel if required
* Performance against forecasted spend
* Shipping and delivery performance
* Quality performance
* Inventory level management
* Data Cleansing
* OPACC Impact
Each role will initially be required until end 2017 with a review to extend taking place at year end.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.