Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Principle Welding Engineer for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
To manage the companies welding engineering activities, to be a subject matter expert on joining technology and take responsibility for the provision and maintenance of the companies welding equipment. This post is with the Engineering Services.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* To provide the business with in depth technical knowledge on welding and joining technology.
* To manage graduate placements within the Welding Design section.
* To support the development of staff within the Welding Design section.
* Maintain awareness of developments in joining technology and manage their implementation with the support of the Chief Welding Engineer.
* The review and approval of welding technical instructions and the consumables used in their application.
* The development and authorisation of weld procedures
* Provide technical welding support within the production environment, typically this will include site visits and onsite monitoring of complex procedures.
* To select and specify non-destructive testing for our clients fabrications in compliance with Client's Technical Specifications and conduct weld acceptance on behalf of MoD(N).
* As a member of the PWAG/SWAG provide acceptance of nuclear and non-nuclear welds or behalf of the customer.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor degree, with Honours, in relevant engineering discipline
* TWI Diploma in Welding Engineering or equivalent i.e. MSc in Welding Engineering
* International/European Welding Engineer
* Chartered Engineer
* PCN Level 2 in Radiographic Interpretation
* Working with ISO, AMSE and Defence Standards with a nuclear dockyard environment.
* Craft apprenticeship and demonstrable evidence in the field of welding/ fabrication or
* Completion of the companies Graduate Training Scheme with 3-5 years' experience with a Welding or NDT engineering role or
* Demonstrate able suitable experience of Welding engineering
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.