Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer to be based on Devonport Naval Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Western Europe's largest naval base, for more than three hundred years, engineers have been shaping the dockyard to ensure it supports the fleet and protects the nation. We need you to help continue this tradition, transforming, sustaining and improving Devonport to meet the demands of the Royal Navy for the next hundred years.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class
The Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer must have:
Ability to develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
Responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management.
Principal tasks and responsibilities of the Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer:
* Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
* Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
* Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
* Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
* Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
* Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
* Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
* Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
* Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
* Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
* Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
* Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
* Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences required of the Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer:
A minimum of five years applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
2 years supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
Qualifications required of the Principal Estimator/Cost Engineer:
HNC level qualification in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.