Sitec recruitment are current working with a Client who is a manufacturer of rail solutions, which include battery, trolley and diesel locomotives and equipment for mining, tunnelling and mainline applications and are currently looking for a Permanent Principal Electrical Engineer to be based in their offices in Staffordshire.
A unique opportunity for the right individual to contribute to the success and development of one of the world's best known manufacturer's of mainline rail, mining and tunnelling locomotives and equipment.
This key position within the Engineering department has arisen due to an increase in workload. It entails the design and product development of bespoke locomotives that truly meet the customer needs, providing high degrees of uptime, reliability, serviceability and maintainability.
The individual must be degree qualified, and ideally have at least 10 years experience in the Railway Industry and/or a strong working knowledge of industrial OEM equipment, mobile off-road plant operating in hostile environments, or similar (though this is not necessarily required if the candidate demonstrates the correct attitude and an ability to learn).
A knowledge of MS Office, PLC (ideally IFM products) and CANbus control systems, panel wiring/wiring looms and 3D CAD (ideally Autodesk Inventor) is essential as this position involves design work. Knowledge of AC and DC (<1000v) traction systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
Benefits package for the right candidate will include an attractive salary, annual profit related bonus, together with a 4% contributory pension scheme, 33 days leave per annum, 4 x salary life insurance and optional healthcare plan.
1. To lead the electrical product design and manage an Electrical Design Engineer
2. To ensure effective liaison with all other areas of the business, to support the completion of all contracts to customer satisfaction, budgets and timescales.
3. To take a key role in product development as part of the marketing efforts of the business and to undertake research activities as and when required to support this.
4. To liaise closely with the Sales Department to ensure designs conform to customer requirements, including applications engineering.
5. To liaise with the Manufacturing Department to ensure that designs are produced to customer requirements and are compliant with relevant Company design and manufacturing standards.
6. To ensure that the Department operates within the guidelines laid down within our ISO: 9001 certification; to ensure that the products comply with the appropriate standards (i.e. CE Marking, customer specific); keep a watching brief on all relevant harmonised and ISO/EN/BS standards affecting the product; to adhere to the relevant company standards and practices.
7. To ensure engineering drawings are in accordance with manufacturing requirements, including suppliers, as required.
8. To ensure the design is delivered to plan and to budget.
9. To lead value analysis activities associated with the electrical products within the business to ensure the cost effectiveness of existing and new designs.
10. To fully support the Engineering Manager in the development and maintenance of a cohesive team identity within the business and to ensure effective liaison with all areas of the business in pursuit of clearly defined team objectives.
11. To provide occasional technical support to the customer both on and off site as required and to solve engineering related product problems.
12. To provide occasional technical support both on and off site as part of the sales and marketing efforts of the business.
13. To produce engineering related calculations in support of designs.
14. To produce technical information in support of product manuals associated with new designs.
15. To take an original approach to problem solving, whilst maintaining a commercial awareness towards the design solution.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.