Sitec are looking to recruit a Principal Civil & Structural Engineer for our client who is an engineering and design consultancy. The role is permanent and based in Salford Quays and paying competitively up to £40,000-£50,000 per annum.
Reporting to the Associate Engineer, lead large C&S project teams or a number or smaller teams to achieve overall client's business objectives
Ensure project teams deliver civil and structural designs to cost, schedule and quality criteria
* Ensure project teams have in place appropriate skills and resources
* Ensure compliance with business quality & management systems
* Implement change as directed by the Associate Director and Associate Engineer
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Day-to-day management of C&S project teams
* Ensure team compliance with company management system
* Contribute to wider development of C&S department capabilities
* Lead C&S design delivery across large single projects or multiple smaller projects, in single- or multi- discipline teams
* Implement 'Perfect Delivery'
* Report on project performance to Associate Engineer
* Tender preparation for projects of all sizes, including fee estimates
* Carry out technical design reviews / critiques of projects in progress
* A technical authority on civil and structural design
* Be open to and encourage innovation and sustainability
* Mentor, train and develop junior engineers
* Support individuals to maximise performance
Qualifications and training
* Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer CEng MICE/ MIStructE
* Appropriate depth and breadth of experience
Technical skills and experience
* Conversant with current C&S design codes & standards
* Experienced in discharging responsibilities under CDM and health and safety regulations
* Comprehensive and current detailed knowledge base of all aspects of civil and structural design, including much of the following:
o Foundation design
o Earthworks and site investigations
o Minor road and bridge design
o Building structures
o Specialist knowledge or sector expertise (e.g. nuclear, seismic, public sector, contaminated land, ground improvement, highways, public sector, defence)
* Demonstrable track record of successful project delivery and client satisfaction
* Experience of significant project delivery within some of the sectors we operate within
* Fully familiar with relevant technical standards and assurance processes
* Proven ability to work within a fully integrated, multi-discipline design team
* Strong communication skills
* Open minded to innovation
* Flexible willingness to embrace change and challenge the status quo
Business Development Skills
* Generate and secure engineering design commissions for the client in Manchester and the North West.
* Use existing client, developer, architect, project manager contacts to generate work winning opportunities (especially in the Building Structure Sector) for the client Civil & Structural Engineering Team.
Particular sectors of interest include:
* Commercial Office
* Retail & Leisure (eg. Hotels)
* Residential (Multi Storey)
* Public Sector (Healthcare & Education)
* Grow the Civil & Structural Engineering Team in the Manchester Office.
* Assist the UK Director for Civil & Structural Engineering and the Business Development Sector Directors in promoting the client brand as a market leading engineering consultant.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.