Sitec are looking to recruit a PP&E CAD Engineer and Designer for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The roles are an estimated 6 month contracts and is based on a Nuclear site near Reading. The hours are 40 per week and paying competitively up to £32.14 per hour for Designer and £34.85 per hour for Engineer. Role and rates will depend on your knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment.
Provide a CAD based design service supporting the Manufacturing Engineers, Operational Facilities, Production Agencies and/or Programmes across the company, in the provision of tooling and equipment that meets the needs of manufacturing processes within delegated areas of responsibility.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To ensure that the design, procurement, prove-out and operation of tooling and equipment is safe, cost effective, maintainable, controlled and configured
* in accordance with company standards, the Manufacturing Authority procedures and current legislation That all technical aspects of new and current tooling and equipment within
* designated area of responsibility are available and underwritten, including but not limited to:
* Design of equipment utilising Autodesk Inventor software
* Presentation of the design at process and/ or design reviews
* Production (or management of the production) of all Technical Product Specifications in support of the design (drawings, specifications, MI's etc.)
* Manage the modification of existing tooling and equipment as required in accordance with MFG 1168 including the preparation and maintenance of CAN's
* Produce and maintain Design History Files utilising EDMS
* Prove out the tool or equipment in conjunction with the ME
* Assist the ME in the commissioning of the tool or equipment
* To ensure responsibilities are understood and applied with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
* To safeguard Company information and assets from unauthorised access or disclosure, reporting security breaches and apply security at all times
Qualifications and Training
* Engineers - Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with an Engineering Apprenticeship or recognised formal training in Mechanical Engineering
* Designers - HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, with an Engineering Apprenticeship or recognised formal training in mechanical engineering
* Working (advanced for Engineers) knowledge of CAD techniques, preferably Autodesk Inventor software
* A (advanced for Engineers) good knowledge of Manufacturing Techniques and Processes
* A (advanced for Engineers) good knowledge of Product Definition (Drawing) Standards
* UK Health and Safety Legislation
* Quality Standards and Procedures
* Configuration Management
* Understanding (advanced for Engineers) the Product Lifecycle Management of data (PLM)
* Proven product design experience preferably in a production support area including the generation/ modification of design documentation packages including supporting calculations and reports
* Practical experience of machine tools, production activities and processes
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact at all levels
* The ability (advanced for Engineers) to use a variety of Computer Software packages including the use of 3D CAD Systems, preferably Autodesk Inventor. EDMS Software
* Application of product design standards
* Competent in the writing of Technical Reports and presenting of technical Information
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.