Sitec have an exciting opportuinity for a Planning Facilitator in Peterborough for Perkins Engines (Part of the Caterpillar group). This is a Contract role estimated duration is 12 months.
The Planning Facilitator is a key role within the Product Management organisation (based in Peterborough), which will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to become engaged in the key workstreams to support New Product Introduction (NPI) and other major projects throughout the product lifecycle - being able to provide leadership, direction and shape to the future development of this dynamic global organisation.
Due to the nature of this role, it is at the heart of driving cross-functional team performance and therefore the successful candidate will promote a planning culture, be able to communicate project status clearly and work as an integrated member of the team.
The main purpose of the Planning Facilitator is to drive cross-functional teams to develop complex programme plans, to accurately track the delivery of key milestones, solve programme issues through Scenario Planning and identify opportunities for improvement, enabling the on-time delivery of New Product Introduction Programmes.
This role specifically involves:
* Facilitation of cross-functional Project Planning Workshops
* Lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams
* Establish plan structures, initial Work Breakdown Structures and Network Diagrams that identify precedence relationships, durations and resources for all activities
* Facilitate control sessions, inclusive of plan updates and maintenance
* Establish, communicate and facilitate resolution of critical path issues and conflict between team members and teamwork issues
* Execution of the Project to ensure deliverables are met to time, budgeted cost and quality requirements
* Presentation of Project progress at regular intervals to the Business
* Lead, coach the Project Team in the utilisation of the Project Management process, building commitment to the plan
* This position requires a relevant college or university degree or equivalent experience within a project facilitation and/or management role
* Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes
* Proven leadership and experience in creation & maintenance of cross-functional project plans is essential
* Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
* Clear and concise communicator, inclusive of good listening
* Strong analytical and organisational skills
* Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is desired
* Flexible work ethic, having the ability to keep a disciplined approach and perform consistently when priorities change.
* Awareness of New Product Introduction (NPI) processes
* Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience desirable) MS Office-365 (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.