Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for a Planning Engineer for a contract position in Devonport, Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months +.
Site attendance will be required post COVID Lock down.
Our client is a leader in a range of engineering and technical skills in providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy's major warships and nuclear-powered submarines; naval base services, equipment manufacture and logistic support services and design and technology-led program's.
Good working knowledge of windows-based computer applications, including an understanding of relational database methodology
Requisite project management / planning experience and Primavera P6 user.
Planning Engineer role:
To provide project managers with accurate and timely project planning tools and cost reports for all work undertaken by the Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA) or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
To develop the Project Planning and Cost Control functions within the Nuclear Engineering Directorate.
Principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- Project planning and co-ordination activities for ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
- To maintain the budget inventory of approved tasks for ES TA.
- To provide a cost collection service for all project and overhead work within ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
- To develop the Project planning tools and deliverables within ES TA as required by the Nuclear Engineering Director.
- To develop the cost collection service within ES TA as required by the Engineering Services Director.
- To provide routine and detailed reports/support to meet the requirements of ES TA Facilities Manager and individual Project Managers/Centre Managers.
- To assist in the development of a rationalised project planning and cost collection service for the whole of Engineering Services.
- Co-ordinate the activities of Labour Capture input.
- To manage a team of Administrators/Cost Engineers when project requirements arise.
CONTRACTOR is authorised to
Make decisions and apply initiative and judgement within the business responsibly.
Liaise with various managers and their support staff across the Nuclear Engineering Directorate to collect data on tasks related to functions for which the Planning Engineer has responsibility.
Attend any forum where project programming and cost collection issues are discussed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Academic: BTEC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience
Good communication and analytical skills and computer literate
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.