Sitec have an interesting requirement for 2 Planning Engineers on-site at Devonport in Plymouth. The estimated duration is 6 months; the start time will be 7:30 am. The successful candidate will need a background that will enable Security Clearance to be obtained.
* To provide project managers with accurate and timely project planning tools and cost reports for all work undertaken by the Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA) or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
* To develop the Project Planning and Cost Control functions within the Nuclear Engineering Directorate.
Contractor principal tasks and responsibilities are:
* Project planning and co-ordination activities for ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
* To maintain the budget inventory of approved tasks for ES TA.
* To provide a cost collection service for all project and overhead work within ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
* To develop the Project planning tools and deliverables within ES TA as required by the Nuclear Engineering Director.
* To develop the cost collection service within ES TA as required by the Engineering Services Director.
* To provide routine and detailed reports/support to meet the requirements of ES TA Facilities Manager and individual Project Managers/Centre Managers.
* To assist in the development of a rationalised project planning and cost collection service for the whole of Engineering Services.
* Co-ordinate the activities of Labour Capture input.
* To manage a team of Administrators/Cost Engineers when project requirements arise.
CONTRACTOR is authorised to:
* Make decisions and apply initiative and judgement within the business responsibly.
Liaise with various managers and their support staff across the Nuclear Engineering Directorate to collect data on tasks related to functions for which the Planning Engineer has responsibility.
* Attend any forum where project programming and cost collection issues are discussed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements :
Academic: BTEC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience
* Sound knowledge of dockyard nuclear environment.
* Good communication and analytical skills and computer literate
* Good working knowledge of windows-based computer applications, including an understanding of relational database methodology
* Requisite project management / planning experience and Primavera P6 user.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.