Sitec has a requirement for a Pipefitter for our client based in Helensburgh. This is a contract position for 6 months.
Local and National rates apply
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PIPEFITTER:
- Carry out process inspection, survey, removal and installation of all pipe systems at both LP and HP levels.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Read and understand basic layout and assembly drawings / reference material with an awareness of quality standards.
- Able to take wire templates and manufacture pipes from templates and drawings.
- Ability to manufacture pipe work in a variety of materials including steel, stainless steel, nickel alloy, copper alloy, conduit and plastics using both hand and hydraulic bending machines.
- Being able to undertake high integrity brazing, bore matching, TIG, MIG, MMA all to a minimum of class 2 would be an advantage.
- Certification required- Apprenticeship Indentures. Craftsmanship Certificates, NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds Level 3 as a minimum
- Marine experience is usually a necessity
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.