Sitec are currently looking to recruit an AR&M (Availability, Reliability and Maintainability) Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is permant and is paying competitively from £40,000 to £55,000 per annum dependent on experience. Benefits include generous holiday entitlement and Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution Pension Scheme.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
To provide Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) engineering guidance to Project Programmes and participate as required, on behalf of the Engineering Reliability Department (ERD).
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* To develop and implement AR&M engineering strategy for all Project Programmes, as directed, during their procurement cycle
* Operate as a Technical Specialist (TS) for the Engineering Reliability Department.
* Identification of AR&M target specifications as required for Projects
* Design substantiation of systems providing a safety function
* To provide guidance to Facilities and Projects on the determination and assessment of Safety Integrity Levels (BS EN 61508)
* To provide guidance to Facilities and Projects with respect to compliance with appropriate BS EN Standards; JSPs; Defence Standards and AQAPs
* To ensure that the design intent is for all projects to achieve the required performance of AR&M
* To ensure that SIL and Safety assessments are conducted to the appropriate standard
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of statistical engineering techniques
* Thorough familiarity with AR&M calculations e.g. PFD's, Markov, Chi Square, Weibull etc.
* In-depth knowledge of Reliability requirements for Safety Systems, interlocks etc.
* Able to construct and develop: Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD's); Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA's); Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
* Thorough familiarity in the use of Software simulation packages e.g. RAM4, RAMP, AvSim etc.
* Fully conversant with sources of Failure Rate and Failure Mode data e.g. NPRD, OREDA, FMD etc.
* Understanding of the concepts of enhanced engineering techniques
* Knowledge of Electrical \ Electronic \ Mechanical components and corresponding failure modes
* Able to interpret Schematic drawings, piping and instrumentation schedules
* Familiarity with Common Cause \ Common Mode Failures and methods of calculation
* In-depth understanding the definitions of Maintainability terminology including:
* Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
* Mean Active Repair Time (MART)
* Mean Active Corrective and Maintainability
* Working knowledge of British \ European Standards
* In depth knowledge of the requirements of BS EN 61508, BS EN 61511 and related PES standards
* Demonstrable experience of Reliability Engineering and Safety gained within Nuclear, Defence, Rail, Power or Petrochemical industries
* Experience of working in a regulated environment together with development, use and application of standards to design for high hazard facilities
* Degree/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline
* Chartered or with the aptitude, commitment and development plan to achieve chartered status
* Member of an appropriate Institute/Institution
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
* Willing and able to work in designated areas including high hazard facilities
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency
Please check your spam folder for replies to applications!
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.