Sitec has a requirement for a Performance Simulation Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £37.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
Perkins Engines are part of the wider Caterpillar group and currently seek a Simulation Engineer.
The Performance Simulation Engineer will join the New Product Introduction Systems Integration Group based at our clients Peterborough Facility. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as will our India, China and US based sister teams.
The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for Caterpillar's entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
* Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
* Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
* Provide engineering guidance and clear recommendations based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
* Close liaison with performance and software engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
* Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
* Have a high level of competency in the use of simulation and data-analysis tools (e.g., Matlab/Simulink)
* Have the potential to develop or improve existing physical and empirical models.
* Be able to lead issue resolution projects and teams
* Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts
* Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks
* Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles
* Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
* Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.