Sitec has a requirement for 4 Performance Engineers for our client Perkins Engines. These are contract roles for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
An opening has become available for a diesel engine performance engineer to join the Product Development team in the team working on our 2.8 to 7.1 range of engines. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out performance and emissions development work that will make significant contributions to the NPI programs for these engines.
This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the performance and emissions development of Caterpillar diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications. You will also be responsible for participating in, and where appropriate leading, prompt and robust RCCA identification and implementation when issues arise.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
* Create detailed test planning, execution of testing activities, analysis of results, and documentation with clear recommendations for the relevant process partners.
* Engine performance and ratings development work.
* Development of electronic engine calibration maps that will be utilized in the engine control software. You will be responsible for conducting engine system and rating calibration development for Tier 4 Final / Stage V engines to meet customer performance expectations and all emission regulations, troubleshooting issues identified in production test, verification and validation testing, field testing and customer raised concerns
* Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers; and develop and maintain keen understanding of internal and external customers' need
* Engineering degree
* Proven analytical skills.
* Previous experience in engine performance and emissions development for CI or SI engines.
* Specific experience with the development of electronically controlled engines
* Technical mindset and ability to communicate technical information effectively.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate to a range of stakeholders including internal process partners, customers and suppliers
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.