Sitec has a requirement for a Performance Development Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a permanent role and will be based in Peterborough.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DETAILS/ PACKAGE:
Job Title: Performance Development Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £47,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not supported with this role.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave ; 10% bonus ; contributory pension scheme-(Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%) ; contributory share scheme- (Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution) ; CAT Advantage
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That's why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
In this high visibility role, the Performance Development Engineer will provide engine development test support to the 900 Performance and Validation team on NPI programmes. The engineer will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the 2.8L and 3.6L engine programmes under the direct responsibility of the 900 series team.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Conduct engine tests, calibration and performance development to support 900 series program requirements.
* Conduct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
* Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
* Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Qualified to degree level or with equivalent experience.
* Demonstrable sound engineering background and experience.
* Knowledge and understanding of diesel engine principles.
* Ability to solve problems, analyse data and investigate root cause of issues.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
* Self confidence and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Experience in combustion, performance, and economy development of diesel engines.
* Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools , emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
* Hands on engine testing and problem solving experience.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. The closing date for this role is 05/08/2019.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.