Sitec are currently recruiting for a Payroll Administrator for our client - Perkins Engines This is a contract role for 6 months, to be based at their site in Peterborough.
Overview of the role
The EAME (Europe, Africa and Middle East) Human Services Division (HSD) of Caterpillar (UK) Ltd. is seeking to recruit a Customer Support Rep / or Payroll Clerk to support the team with the 12 payrolls they run for approximately 8,500 employees, working with the Payroll team as part of the UK HR Service Centre, based in Peterborough. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to join a busy, dynamic, customer focused team and provide payroll services and administrative support.
A Payroll Administrator position has become available within our in-house Payroll Administration team. The position is based in Peterborough within the HR Shared Services and Compensation and Benefits Department.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within the Payroll Administration team and be able to work
independently and be responsible for the following:
* SSP, SMP, tax and NI calculations
* Manual calculations and adjustments
* Starter and leaver processing including P45s
* General housekeeping, such as scanning and filing
* Administration of forms, such as mortgage applications
* Running reports and extracting data
* Data entry
* Self driven with a focus on high productivity and quality
* Ability to use initiative and problem solving skills
* An effective communicator
* Able to work within a team and independently
* Able to work additional hours if required
* Keen attention to detail
* Intermediate level and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel)
* Good numerical understanding
Qualifications / Skills / Experience you will have:
* Previous payroll administration experience, preferably within a large organisation
* GCSE's or equivalent - minimum C grade and above in English and Maths
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel)
Qualifications / Skills / Experience you may have:
* Experience of processing weekly and monthly payrolls, from start to finish, administering statutory payments and
* Experience of using I-Trent and Business Objects
* Administration of salary sacrifice schemes, and pension contributions
* Qualified to A-Level or equivalent standard
* Customer services experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.