Sitec are currently recruiting for a Parts Technical Writer for our client based in Irlam, Manchester. The max rate of pay is up to £20.00 p/hr LTD Company
This role will be working for our client Caterpillar, and will join their Parts Authoring Team. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment.
* Responsible for the compilation of parts books/Illustrated parts catalogues.
* Creation of a parts list and corresponding illustration that will be used in parts books and on-line parts information systems.
* Using illustration software (Iso-Draw) to convert 3D/JT Models into 2D parts book Illustrations to be used by customers to correctly identify spare parts.
* Loading service part numbers into warehouse system (POPIMS) to allow procurement activity to start.
* Contribute to team targets for completing parts books within an agreed time frame.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ideal Candidate's Experience:
* Good IS/IT skills (Majority of time in this role is spent checking BOM data and matching up part numbers within aftermarket systems).
* Managing Bills of Material or Managing Design Changes within a BOM/Parts listing system.
* Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description/drawing/shape
* Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle packages, eg Windchill.
* Microsoft applications, typically Excel.
* Experience of industrial diesel engines, automotive parts, agricultural equipment/machinery.
* Knowledge of the Caterpillar Parts business desired
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Ability to interpret basic technical data
* Good communicator who is comfortable working with a variety of people across an organisation
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.