Sitec (part of the Belcan Group) have a requirement for a Technical Author_Parts Book, for a contract position in Irlam, Manchester. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months +.
A Parts Book Author position is open within the Parts Authoring team (Irlam) This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. The duration will initially be for twelve months.
Responsible for the compilation of parts books/Illustrated parts catalogues.
* Creation of parts lists (80% of time) and corresponding illustrations (20% of time) that will be used in parts books and on-line parts information systems.
* Using illustration software (Iso-Draw) to convert 3D/JT Models into 2D parts book Illustrations to be used by customers to correctly identify spare parts.
* Loading service part numbers into warehouse system (POPIMS) to allow procurement activity to start.
* Contribute to team targets for completing parts books within an agreed time frame.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ideal Candidate's Experience:
* Good IS/IT skills (Majority of time in this role is spent checking BOM data and matching up part numbers within aftermarket systems).
* Managing Bills of Material or Managing Design Changes within a BOM/Parts listing system.
* Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description/drawing/shape
* Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle packages, eg Windchill
* Microsoft applications, typically Excel.
* Experience of industrial diesel engines, automotive parts, agricultural equipment/machinery.
* Knowledge of the Caterpillar Parts business desired
* Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Ability to interpret basic technical data
* Good communicator who is comfortable working with a variety of people across an organisation
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Contributing to Team Success
* Customer Focus
* Planning and Organising/Managing Work
* Quality Orientation/Work Standards
* Ability and willingness to adapt and learn
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.