Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Part Time Data Protection Advisor for a Waste Disposal Facility in Cumbria The post is for an estimated 12 months + contract and is paying up to £125.00-£175.00 per day on a Limited Company basis for a 3 day week.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
* Reporting to the Head of Information Governance, the Data Protection Advisor manages and co-ordinates the companies work programme associated with compliance with the Data Protection Act (DPA).
* This role provides vital support for information governance by providing a key input into the reputation, openness and transparency of the company, satisfying the requirements of the Energy Act and various policies.
The role is accountable for the company compliance with relevant information legislation and is authorised to implement GDPR requirements.
* They are also expected to Quality Control the application and interpretation of GDPR, ensuring accuracy and due regard to sensitivities.
* The role advises and reports on the application of GDPR exemptions.
* They support the company SIRO in obtaining assurance regarding estate-wide activities relating to the relevant legislation and obligations and provide reports to the Board as and when required.
* External to the company, the role acts as a point of contact with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), (the Regulator) in relation to data breach reporting.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Discretion when dealing with sensitive and contentious matters
* The ability to build relationships across the companies Group and with external stakeholders and contractors
* Interpretation of legislation without assisting commentary from third parties
* Interpersonal skills necessary to interpret, understand and communicate complex information and legislation
* Competent IT user
* Good written and verbal communication
* Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Other knowledge and qualifications include:
* Qualified GDPR Practitioner - Expert working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
* Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification with extensive experience in information management.
* Suitable experience of dealing with public enquiries (or a similar environment) and customer services/complaint handling.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.