Sitec has a requirement for an Order Verification Specialist - Export / Import, working for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
As an Order Specialist - Export / Import, you will be validating and approving export and import freight invoices covering material being imported to our Peterborough site from our worldwide supplier base in line with pre-defined Sarbanes Oxley rules.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Review incoming freight invoices for inbound and outbound material.
* Validate service has been incurred by checking internal databases to prove material has been received or shipped from site.
* Check Proof Of Delivery has been supplied if required.
* Checking pre-agreed rate cards to ensure invoice matches.
* Identifying non-standard transport and checking Special Transport Form for agreed rate.
* Adherence to local departmental metrics on invoice grief resolution.
* Producing weekly reports to summarise grief levels and ageing.
* Supporting Month-end Accrual Process.
* Querying discrepant invoices with carriers
* Investigating unapproved invoices by engaging with key business contacts to understand material lane and drive resolution / payment
* Raise manual payment requests where required
* Act as a champion for compliance at all times.
* Work with key stakeholders to ensure they understand the end to end transport process and drive process discipline.
Required Skills / Experience
* Numerate and PC literate
* Knowledge and understanding of Incoterms
* Experience of Export and Import Processes
* Microsoft Excel knowledge to Intermediate Level
* Able to work with both speed and accuracy
* Able to display tenacity when trying to resolve queries
* Ability to build relationships with key internal and external process partners
* Experience of working with ERP/MRP systems.
* Experience of working with International Freight and carriers.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.