Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Oracle EBC Functional Consultant for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Core Role Purpose
To deliver and support a comprehensive suite of management information and analytic capabilities across the company.
* Understand from the business (working with Directors, Programme Managers, Resource Managers and Process Owners etc.) what information they require to deliver their requirements.
* Using expertise in the Application Platform and in how it supports business process, proposes technical solutions (seeking to exploit existing tools and technologies).
* To provide business analysis services (requirements gathering, process design and improvement) and business change services in support of CIO projects, tasks and services.
* Produces effective work plans and documentation to support the team through development and upgrades.
* Maintain a full understanding of the functional configuration of the application to be able to provide business support and troubleshooting of errors.
* Acts as the leading functional expert for business capability within their specific functional area.
* Providing practical assistance and expert advice in all aspects of Application Functionality.
* Maintain an understanding of the data flows within and between applications to provide support to end to end business processes.
* Proactive identification of opportunities for developing application capability across the business.
* Work with the business sponsors and key users to understand and develop business processes and produce plans for implementation of changes to the company's Business system
* Provide problem diagnosis for the company's Business System.
* Work effectively with Oracle Developers and Application DBAs to resolve issues
* Monitoring Oracle for patches and upgrades appropriate to the functional modules.
* Participate in testing activities for changes and upgrades
* Liaise with Helpdesk, suppliers and other consultants
* Support the business in the design of new processes and changes to existing processes
* Maintain configuration baseline documentation e.g. BR100, Functional Specifications
* Support end user activities at key times e.g. Year end
* To ensure that adequate assurance procedures are applied to the work undertaken so that the high standards of safety appropriate to a nuclear licensed site are achieved during the project period and that the required standards of reliability and safety performance of the constituent systems are achieved in the deliverables.
* Good understanding of Data Protection Act requirements
* Strong understanding of the business environment and constraints to add value through the definition and delivery of information available from the Application.
* Strong understanding of data structures and reporting capability
* Strong written, verbal and presentational skills
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders (internal and external) and at all levels
* Ability to lead and motivate at all levels of the company
* Initiating and driving change, with drive to achieve results
* Personal credibility
* Understanding of SQL and ability to define moderately complex queries.
* Ability to manage conflict while maintaining positive working relationships.
* Proven experience in the delivery of information to consumers, including presentation, analysis and formatting and providing this at a senior level within the business
* Requirements capture through leading workshops and other means
* Extensive previous experience within the Oracle applications arena
* Proven in depth experience in the management of the Oracle Applications including analysis of release and patch requirements
* Extensive experience in managing RLI activities
* Coordination of cross-company virtual teams
* Business knowledge in the appropriate functional area
Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships
* Degree level education or the equivalent experience is preferred.
Comfortable with engaging a wide range of stakeholders across the business to build an understanding of the issues associated with configuring applications to support business process and then finding practical workable solutions that support added value activities including:
a) Willingness to support process owners, stakeholders, business change managers and governance boards
b) Motivated by success, overcoming issues and blockages to achieve this
c) Awareness of organisational politics
d) Strive towards risk reduction
e) Willing to share application and business experience
f) Solicit feedback from all areas of the business
g) Adopts lateral and innovative thinking to deliver business requirements
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.