Sitec (a Belcan Company) are seeking an Operations and Integration Manager for our client in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 12 months.
The MOD's submarine programme over the next 40 years demands a significant programme of 'infrastructure investment' on the Devonport site. A new 'Major Infrastructure Projects' (MIP) Business Unit is being assembled to drive Devonport's Infrastructure development. This will support the future needs of Devonport's customers.
The MIP Business Unit is an enduring capability and there will be a wide range of further infrastructure projects to come. Our client will be working closely with the Business Units responsible for maintaining the existing infrastructure and with their customers to determine long-term needs.
Main Purpose of Role
The Operations & Integration Manager is to take responsibility for organising how the design packages will deliver the capability functions and the capture of the design concepts within an overall facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and users.
This will include the likes of the following;
* Co-ordinate the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability.
Co-ordinate and design spatial layout and process management of facility by integration of the system designs into an overall facility layout
* Liaise with the UAG Lead / Engineer to ensure operational aspects of the system and facility designs is understood and accepted
* Ensure all staff are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
* Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
* Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
* Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
* Submarine maintenance production engineering experience in a dockyard environment;
* Knowledge of process optimisation and human interface management;
Experience of developing Concept of Operations (CONOPs) / procedure management information
Preferably Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.