Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Operations Support Officer for a Nuclear Decommissioning site in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £19.19 per hour on a PAYE basis for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
The Operations Support Team Member is required to deliver safe and effective support activities as part of the operations support team in order to maximise safety and quality of the operational processes within the plant. The role holder is required to promote overall nuclear safety (along with all other areas of safety - conventional, industrial, radiological, environmental) checking that all work activities meet site standards, policies, processes and procedures. The role holder will deliver plant administration activities through the generation and control of plant instructions including operator instructions, alarm response instructions, emergency operating instructions, and maintenance instructions etc. to ensure that a high standard of operational work is delivered.
The Operations Support Team Member will lead practical problem solving as required and provide subject matter expertise, advice and guidance on specific plant issues, supporting ODM and CDM processes, to ensure that activities are carried out to required standards and in safe conditions: The role holder will act as SME to support decision making in support of DAP process for specific topic areas and manage the maintenance and availability of technical files and provide direct support to the management cell through technical expertise and knowledge.
Support in investigations of operational abnormalities to help identify and correct the root cause of the event (e.g. lead on BCI's).
* Attend training to ensure skills are being maintained, and support in the training of other operators in order to enable a safe and effective support service.
* Author/own reports presented to the Management Safety Committee (MSC).
* PMP project manager, supporting the PMP committee when required as an SME.
* Undertake nominated or key operational support roles on a given facility including but not limited to: Liquid Effluent Coordinator, COSHH coordinator, Legionella Coordinator, DSEAR coordinator, Environmental Coordinator, Nuclear Material, Accountancy Custodian, Local Clearance Coordinator, Security Liaison Officer, Plant Solid Waste Coordinator, Local Record Holder.
* Support independent assurance activities - interface with internal and external regulator through production of routine reports for sharing internally and with ONR.
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Knowledge of Operations standards
* Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
* Experience of working on nuclear or industrial facility
* Ability to work in a radiological environment
* Knowledge and understanding of production operations
* Experience of dealing with Safe Systems of Work
* Proven ability to work as part of a team
* Proven ability to manage own workload
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good level of IT competency
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
* Remote and manual operation of machinery including but not limited to cranes and manipulators.
* HNC qualification level or relevant experience
* Understanding/experience of the systematic approach to training and the ADDIE process.
* Knowledge / experience of Operations / Pre-Operation within decommissioning processes
* SAP demander with the ability to acquiring goods and services
* CMMS access and asset registration knowledge
* Master equipment list knowledge
* OJT / TPE experience
* Fire Safety Management experience
* Experience of Legionella and Asbestos regulations
* M3 End user experience
* HNC qualification level or relevant experience of SAP demander CMMS access and asset registration knowledge
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.