Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking an Operations Integration Manager to be based on Devonport Naval Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class.
Main Purpose of the Operations Integration Manager:
The primary purpose of the Operations & Integration Manager is to articulate how the technical design packages will deliver the Facility Capability functions. Capture of the system designs within an overall Facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and Users. This will include the following:
- Co-ordinate the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability;
- Co-ordinate and design spatial layout and process management of facility by integration of the system designs into an overall facility layout;
- Liaise with the User Acceptance Group Lead / Engineer to ensure operational aspects of the system and facility designs is understood and accepted
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences of the Operations Integration Manager.
- Submarine maintenance production engineering in a dockyard environment;
- Process optimisation and human interface management;
- Developing Concept of Operations (CONOPs) / procedure management information.
This role reports to the Facility Design Manager.
Qualifications required of the Operations Integration Manager:
A Degree in a STEM subject.
Preferably Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.