Sitec has a requirement for an Operations and Integration Manager, for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract position, for an estimated 6 months.
Please note that this role may also be available on a permanent basis. The max rate of pay on a contract basis is up to £50.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Within Western Europe's largest naval base, engineers have been shaping the dockyard to ensure it supports the fleet and protects the nation.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of the Operations & Integration Manager is to articulate how the technical design packages will deliver the Facility Capability functions. Capture of the system designs within an overall Facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and Users. This will include the following:
* Co-ordinate the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability;
* Co-ordinate and design spatial layout and process management of facility by integration of the system designs into an overall facility layout;
* Liaise with the User Acceptance Group Lead / Engineer to ensure operational aspects of the system and facility designs is understood and accepted
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences - the candidate should have experience in:
* Submarine maintenance production engineering in a dockyard environment;
* Process optimisation and human interface management;
* Developing Concept of Operations (CONOPs) / procedure management information.
This role reports to the Facility Design Manager.
* A Degree in a STEM subject.
* Preferably Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.