Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Solution Architect for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Companies IS Function is committed to delivering enterprise class end user productivity solutions. The Technical Architecture Team being responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and system integration of these technologies into the organisation before handing over day to day live service to service support teams.
They are currently modernising our Business Working Environment allowing us to make greater use of Cloud Services and move to a "Cloud First - Mobile First" Strategy.
The initial phase of this Modernisation Programme introduced Microsoft Office 365, Workday and the Azure IaaS platform and is now progressing to bring on-line a growing number of SaaS products as legacy Line of Business applications are re-platformed, migrated or retired.
The Technical Architecture Team are looking to augment the team with a Microsoft Office 365 Solution Architect who will work with the relevant stakeholders across the organisation to better exploit our investment in Office 365. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others both within the team and across the business.
The Microsoft Office 365 Solution Architect will utilise expert level experience and knowledge of Office 365 architecture, administration and best practice recommendations to assist the company's user communities with the design, development and deployment of new services and provide technical guidance where services are being migrated from legacy platforms.
* The Principal Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation's entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
* The Principal Domain Architect contributes to the definition of the organisation's technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects;
- Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements.
- Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions.
- Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions.
- Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews.
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure.
* Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
- Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure.
- Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF.
* A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience.
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
* Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
* Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
* Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.