Sitec has a requirement for an Occupational Health Nurse Advisor - Nights for our client based in Broughton, Cheshire. This is a contract position for 26 months and the rate of pay is between £17.00 to £20.00 PAYE. The equivalent LTD Company rate us up to £25.85 p/hr LTD Company.
The requirement is for the night shift, please see below for full information
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Occupational Health Nurse Advisor will provide clinical support to the Occupational Health Department in a customer quality-focused manner, supporting the overall business objectives. To ensure the service delivery meets both legal and business requirements.
Reporting to the Occupational Health Clinical Manager, the primary responsibilities will include:
* Case management ; complete comprehensive functional capability assessments on employees referred by the line manager, giving advice to both the employee and business regarding fitness to work
* Health surveillance: perform the required health surveillance procedures and interpret results in line with department procedure / policy. Advising the employee and business, when appropriate of the outcome of the results.
* Production and maintenance of confidential medical records. Adhering to the standards as defined by the NMC and the internal policies and procedures.
* To participate in development of health promotion programmes designed to inform and educate workers about health issues at work.
* To respond to an injured / unwell employee in line with departmental policies.
* Referral to other professional within Occupational Health team as required.
* Ensures own professional compliance with NMC.
* Adheres to departmental and company policies and procedures.
* In dealing with emergencies, is able to co-ordinate and make life saving decisions,
* Maintain effective relationships between the Occupational Health Department, customer departments, individuals and external services in order to achieve business objectives.
* To advise on Occupational Health issues to individuals
* Ensuring tasks and objectives are completed with adherence to timescales and relevant reporting mechanisms.
* Uses own professional judgement, as guided by NMC Professional Code of Conduct and are accountable for own practice and decisions made.
* Assist in planning and organisation of proactive health promotion activities to aid employee health awareness of business objectives.
* Ability to recognise own weaknesses within the team and plan own professional development as required in PREP.
* Produces comprehensive reports to the business regarding the employee's ability to undertake their role.
* Interprets data from health surveillance and makes recommendations based on results.
* Maintenance of confidential medical records as per legal requirements.
* Document accidents and forward to appropriate persons
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Registered General Nurse level 1,12
* Qualification in Occupational Health
* NEBOSH certificate desirable but not essential
* Minimum 1- 2 years' experience in Occupational Health Nursing
* Hand arm vibration assessor certificate desirable
* Industrial Audiometry/Spirometry certificate and other specialist skills desirable
* Interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
Our client is looking for a Nurse on a night shift from 8:45pm to 6:00am Monday to Thursday. Part time and/ or flexible hours will be considered.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.