Sitec are currently looking to recruit a O365 Product Manager for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. This post is for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Overall Job Purpose
The O365 Product Manager is responsible for working with business stakeholders and Information Services Operations teams, performing at the highest technical level of all phases of software lifecycle activities. They will manage the complexity of Office365 (O365) in the OZONE environment and orchestrate the various activities associated with ensuring that the delivery of O365 meets the users' needs, risks are managed and our legislative and regulatory obligations are met.
* Accountable for the full product lifecycle and its successful delivery.
* Lead, influence and manage interfaces across Information Services and the wider business.
* Architect and design for custom applications, software development and products.
* Identify and ensure effective management of risks for the area of responsibility.
* Implement and manage governance arrangements that assure business requirements are satisfied.
* Manage application development projects.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
* Ensure a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder and user needs.
* Enable Information Services to deliver effectively in the future by determining functionality and prioritising features.
* Ensure solutions deliver improvement, cost reductions and value enhancement in the business.
* Monitor, analyse and report on technology solutions throughout their entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Oversee product development and monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
* Maintain high levels of support for applications proactively identify risk and act as a point of contact to stakeholders as issues arise.
* Provide estimates, ensure scope is managed and resolve issues affecting quality and schedule.
* Track technical deliverables and milestone completion.
* Provide timely communication, direction, delivery, quality and solutions.
* Cross-coordinate and regularly communicate with key stakeholders to facilitate cross-team collaboration and provide feedback.
* Standardise user experience across all tools and application modules.
* Ability to gather requirements and construct associated plans and documentation such as Business Cases, Reports and Plans
* Project and task planning and management
* Managing multiple concurrent tasks, whilst maintaining effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation of self and resources
* Managing and delivering activities in a diverse organisation
* Highly skilled in customer relations and communications, both written and oral
* Problem solving, using a range of approaches, tools and techniques to underpin decision making
* Very good ability in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Strategic thinking and the ability to translate this into operational delivery
* Knowledge of product specific application architectures and relevant experience in solution architecture.
* Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHCSC/Ruby/C).
* Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, RallyDev, Jira).
* Experience in iterative, agile and/or scrum development.
* Experience in solution architecture.
* Knowledge of product-specific application architectures.
* Application domain knowledge.
* Program and/or project management.
* Working in a highly regulated environment and diverse organisation
1. Owning the roadmap - based on the Microsoft roadmap and business need
2. Identifying specific business exploitation opportunities and bringing them to life (with the support of others)
3. Selling the virtues of Office 365 to others - e.g. presentations, training, user guides
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.