Sitec has a requirement for a NVH Engineer - Noise, Vibration and Harshness - for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
The rate of pay would be between £30.00 to £33.00 p/hr LTD Company
A successful candidate will work on engine related Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects, typically ranging from short duration individual tests to projects up to three months. Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical.
The Engineer may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, basic engineering fundamentals of engines and machines, knowledge of instrumentation for data acquisition, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills. The engineer could be performing test work in the lab, engine test cell or on the final machine installation. The successful candidate will coordinate closely with an internal project lead within the department, managing a range of current test requests and reporting back on test status and completion.
The role is practical in nature and has a significant involvement of the engineer being responsible for test cell and workshop activities.
Individuals may have multiple assignments which may require the Engineer to review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organisation and work with another unit or team. Assignments could be complex in nature and require the Engineer to assume a significant role, either as an individual contributor or as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analysing, identifying and applying engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following: problem investigation and resolution; evaluate new products/designs, processes or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members and other business units; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
* Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering discipline plus 3-5 years' experience or a master's degree in Engineering.
* It would be preferable for the individual to be experienced with specific NVH competencies, however this is not essential so long as engineering principles are understood and can be demonstrated.
* A suitable person will be considered with a combination of the following skills; practical engineering understanding, knowledge and experience of vibration theory, equipment calibration, data capture, verification of data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
* Also requires excellent analytical skills and lateral thinking. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
* The role may involve some travel to other Caterpillar facilities or customer sites.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.