Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Nuclear Ventilation HEPA Survey Specialist / Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Candidates need to be familiar with working across a designated area Nuclear / Toxic / Explosive change barrier, be familiar with Nuclear final abatement HEPA Filter systems and associated HVAC / Ventilation systems, the candidate should have an appreciation of Nuclear Licence Conditions generally, including change control / modifications of plant and leakage and escape of Radioactive waste.
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Relevant Degree, Chartered or suitable experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.