Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company and are seeking a Non-Conformance Engineer to be based at their offices/manufacturing facility in Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
As a Non-Conformance Engineer you will be responsible for assessing and recommending sentences for nonconformities arising during the manufacture of Weapon Handling and Launch System (WHLS) equipment for the UK and overseas navies. This may also include assessment of issues arising during build.
This requires the ability to understand designs presented mainly via 2D drawings to determine the required design intent through reference to the original requirements and design calculations, and assess the suitability or otherwise of the non-conforming items. You will need to work with manufacturing teams, analysis teams, Chief Engineers and supply chain to effectively explain the reasoning behind sentences and make clear what any required re-work involves.
- Review of contract Quality Requirements at or prior to contract award.
- Communication of the project quality requirements to the project team, and educating the project team in the impact of the requirements.
- Creation of the required Project Quality documentation, Quality Plans, Manufacturing Inspection Plans etc.
- Review and approval of Quality related documents both internally and from the supply chain as required.
- Provide assistance in the generation of Project Plans and Documentation, e.g. Project Management Plans and Specificatios.
- Undertake Design Assurance Activities including attendance at Design and Peer Reviews to ensure the Project Quality requirements are being met.
- Assist Project Teams as nominated Quality representative with regards quality related matters and queries.
- Support the maintenance of lifetime records and secure databases.
- Assist in process investigations and issues arising to reach a conclusion that may result in corrective and preventative action. Activity will include the use of the 7 tools of quality, plus others as appropriate. (Training and guidance will be provided).
- Management and sign off of non-conformities.
- Undertake the customer facing role in all Quality matters relating to the project(s).
- Ensure the appropriate QA requirement are flowed down to the supply chain.
- Co-ordinating identified hold and witness points during the project.
- AssisULead supplier development activities within the supply chain.
- Communication of project related Quality requirements throughout the Quality team as required to ensure that System and Product Quality support the Project delivery process.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
- Engineering qualification required, minimum HND ideally degree qualified (BEng or MEng) supplemented by relevant experience.
- Experience in the defence, nuclear, naval or aerospace sectors ideal. Experience of WHLS design or the design of other high integrity mechanical handling equipment is highly preferable or experience of dealing with manufacturing non-conformities in a high quality, low volume environment.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and have good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with all levels within manufacturing, supply chain and engineering.
- The ability to carry out simple hand calculations is a must.
- Must be able to read and interpret 2D drawings effectively. Unigraphics NX 3D CAD system user, release 7.5 would be beneficial. Experience with use of Siemens Teamcenter PDM system preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience in Quality Engineering in a Project based environment.
- Membership of a recognised quality institute e.g. CQI would be desirable.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates must hold UK security to SC level prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.