Sitec currently have a requirement for NOC Level 3 Service Engineer to join our client based in Newport, Gwent. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £42p/hr Ltd.
The 3rd line NOC team provides service, support, and management capabilities to the Defence Information Infrastructure within ATLAS and Commercial Projects, from delivery into live service, providing all aspects of continued management of the live infrastructure though to close down.
The NOC L3 Service Engineer role is accountable for providing technical assistance and instructional documentation to other Resolver Groups within the wider Service Operations as well as to the 2nd line network engineers within the NOC. He/She provides an interface to other technical stakeholders within projects including Architects, other engineering disciplines, and sub-contractors.
A large portion of the role is focused on orchestrating the application of design changes, and investigating critical issues, which are deemed beyond the scope of a 2nd line engineer, or is too labour intensive to be investigated at a 2nd line level during which the role holder will regularly function as the technical representative of the NOC on behalf of Airbus to the wider community, including the customer and business partners, at times without direct support.
The team is the single point of contact for technical conference bridge calls, which are arranged to resolve major incidents 24/7. This would include acting as the NOC liaison with other technical groups, from Architects through to 1st line support on 3rd party applications.
- Strong Technical competence in Networking, with a strong understanding of other technologies, such as Windows, SAN, Security, Virtualisation and Secure Certification solutions.
- Strong skills in interpreting and producing, and tracking technical documentation.
- Strong communications skills within the department to provide confidence and direction to peers
- Ability to plan, prepare and organise large scale implementation, over a period of several months.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally with stakeholders at all levels, from end users to project managers, and architects. Including providing information which will support and influence the decision making process within the service management internal and external environments.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.