Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Network Security Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6-12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* Maintenance and configuration of security appliances across various networks.
* Configuration of IDS/IPS solutions.
* Leading the deployment of infrastructure for the collection of Cyber Monitoring data.
* Facilitating the collection of log feeds for networks and applications into the Cyber Monitoring Platform.
* Working with the development team to optimise data feeds and managing the integrity of source data, through System Centre and Configuration Management tools.
* Installing new Cyber applications and regular AV updates and patches in line with policy.
* Configuration and optimisation of JUNIPER network devices.
* Configuration, tailoring and support to BT for SKYBOX. Resolving issues post SKYBOX go-live and operation and support in Live mode, including patch installation, software updates and issue resolution.
* The support of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
* Scheduling, documenting and deploying planned work and changes.
* Liaising with Project Management Teams, 3rd line engineers and Service Desk Engineers on a regular basis.
* Build and maintain good working relationships and communication channels within the IT Teams.
* Working out of hours to support planned work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Excellent understanding of network security issues and protective methods.
* Extensive experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks, ideally on large or multiple sites.
* Experience using JUNIPER routing/switching/firewall/IDS equipment.
* Experience of implementing network security (dot1x, port security and network access controls).
* Experience with IPSEC and SSL protocols.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
* Able to work to tight timescales and communicate progress.
* At least CCNP or equivalent skill level.
* JUNIPER Certification extremely advantageous.
* Knowledge of QRADAR.
* Knowledge of System Centre would be extremely useful.
* ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject, or relevant equivalent experience.
* Experience of working in a challenging and secure environment.
* Significant experience of working with various network monitoring tools (e.g. JUNOS Space and Solarwinds) would be advantageous.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.