Sitec has a requirement for a Network Engineer (Test & Verification) for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Newport. The pay rate for this role is Circa £400 to £450.00 per day LTD Company.
A highly experienced professional to manage the Test & Verification project, defining and then conducting, or overseeing, all test and verification activities on the project to cost, time and quality targets in line with the Business Management System.
The Test & Verification Manager is responsible for demonstrating to the Authority that the deliverable meet the requirements for each Authority milestone and that Airbus should receive the associated payment for that milestone.
They are considered to be centres of expertise across multiple teams within a project.
* Using appropriate tools and techniques verify and validate deliverable to standards defined in the BMS and specification requirements.
* To be responsible for own career development.
* Involvement in the development of Engineering dept. functions and procedures.
* To be responsible for the time keeping team and self with regards to task milestones.
* Provide technical leadership in at least one tool & technique used by Airbus across Engineering.
* Be aware of technological/engineering developments and issues in industry and interact with the Engineering Management to continuously improve Engineering.
* Represent Airbus on technical matters to the customer in expert field.
* Following contract award, establish the T&V project including definition of key staff attributes and skills, creation of the project/ team structure and creation of T&V strategy
* Manage production of test and verification strategies/plans which:
* Be accountable for the production of test deliverable including test specifications, scripts and data
* Advise in the creation/use of the System Reference Model or other test environments
* Be accountable for the execution of relevant tests by the T&V team
* Manage the oversight of relevant tests by subcontractors during development and roll-out
* Be accountable for the analysis of test results, identification of problems and subsequent retest
* Manage production of Authority acceptance test reports to the Authority and present at Acceptance Meetings
* Be accountable for a Verification Cross Reference Index of test and verification status against requirements
* Monitor, track and report on performance against plan including progress to date, plans to completion and issues arising.
* Be accountable for the defect management process with regards to T&V.
* Be accountable for the decision on acceptance at the Test Readiness Assessment meetings with deliveries from subcontractors and suppliers.
* Ensure the End-to-End testing complies with the project requirements and advise where a scoping exercise is required.
Monitor team performance and feedback to help them improve, and also report on team performance to the business when requested.
* Reports to the T&V Functional Manager
* Interfaces to other teams within the project, notably the System Design & Integration teams
* Interfaces to subcontract management and all subcontractors.
* Interfaces to the Chief Engineer / Project Manager
* Directs test and verification team leaders and staff
Must have relevant industry experience e.g. Defence, MOD, Satellite etc (not solely finance or retail etc)
* At least 8 years industrial experience in communications, IT or engineering design, development and implementation projects - essential
* At least 4 years test management experience - essential
* Sound experience in the risk and model based approaches to testing - essential
* Knowledge and experience of IEEE 829 and BS7925-2 - essential
* Proven experience in the following techniques
o Requirements management
o HP ALM / Quality Centre
o Defect management
Highly Desirable Experience
* Knowledge and experience of managing test and verification activities across split location/multi-country design teams - highly desirable
* Experience with Government PSN/PKI solutions highly desirable
* NATO experience desirable.
Other Skills & Product Knowledge
* Ability to effectively manage technical specialists and separate management from technical issues
* Ability to lead test strategy and to take a risk based approach to testing
* Excellent people skills especially diplomacy and advocacy skills
* Educated to degree level in either a science or engineering based subject - essential
* Formal qualification in project management - highly desirable (e.g. Prince 2 practitioner)
* Formal qualification in testing - highly desirable (Advanced Manager level of ISTQB in Software Testing)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.