Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Network Design Engineer (Cisco) for our client based in Newport.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months although this is likely to be extended; the max rate is up to £300 per day LTD.
The Network Design Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer and producing site specific Network Designs covering internal and external requirements for the implementation of the kit on to their allocated sites.
As a Network Design Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations. You will produce a BoM for new active equipment that meets your Site Specific Design criteria. You will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment. It will also be your responsibility to produce an As fitted pack based on the red line drawings submitted for the site and test results from the customer.
As a Network Design Engineer (Cisco) you will have to:
* Attend Site Survey Meeting
* Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
* Complete Site Specific Design documentation
* Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
* Perform active installation - includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
* Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
* Produce 'As Fitted' documents
* Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
* Report to Technical Manager, taking technical and task leadership as appropriate.
* Communicate effectively with team members.
* Report progress on tasks as required to immediate supervisor or project manager.
* Develop a trusting and professional relationship with QA representatives.
Decision making authority:
Make technical decisions within the build tasks, establishing the best solutions for the products in question.
Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a solution or system through testing that the solution meets the specification.
Problem solving responsibility:
* Be able to isolate and demonstrate failures in the product or system built, identifying likely causes and solutions.
* Be capable of applying general principles and experience to solve complex problems.
* Creation of network rigs in line with specifications.
* Formal Education and training:
* A Technical qualification (CCNA) backed by several years' experience in testing network solutions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
* Hold a current Cisco CCNA or CCNP (preferred)
* Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
* Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
* Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
* Currently hold Ministry of Defence Security Clearance to SC level or above and able to achieve NATO SECRET clearance
* Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750 & 6509 switches, HP 5*** series switches. Supporting certifications a bonus.
MUST HAVE SC CLEARANCE
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.