Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Network Design Engineer to join our client based in Newport (Gwent) for an initial 6 months. The pay rate for this role is £325p/day Ltd. The client is a world leading Aerospace and Defence company.
The Network Design Engineer is responsible for reviewing the current status and inputs from the customer and producing site specific Network Designs covering internal and external requirements for the implementation of the kit on to their allocated sites.
As a Network Design Engineer, you will conduct a site survey and input this information into the Site Specific Design Documentation. You will be responsible for ensuring the Site Specific Design meets current customer requirements and contractual obligations. You will produce a BoM for new active equipment that meets your Site Specific Design criteria. You will be responsible for the writing of configuration files for the new active hardware as well as installing the new equipment. It will also be your responsibility to produce an As fitted pack based on the red line drawings submitted for the site and test results from the customer.
* As a Network Design Engineer you will have to:
* Attend Site Survey Meeting
* Conduct site survey of active equipment and associated passive infrastructure
* Complete Site Specific Design documentation
* Check Active BoM meets expectations and matches Site Specific Design requirements
* Perform active installation - includes removal of existing hardware and installation of replacement hardware
* Perform re-patching on a like for like basis after switch replacement if necessary
* Produce 'As Fitted' documents
* Action rejections and re-work requests, ensuring deliveries remain on target
* The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to HNC level or equivalent experience
* Hold a current Cisco CCNA or CCNP (preferred)
* Detailed familiarity of site preparation and construction including: rack installation, electrical wiring & loading, wall penetrations, safety practices, etc.
* Knowledge of interior & exterior fibre optic and copper cable wiring, including single-mode, multimode and hybrid fibre optic cable, shielded and unshielded Category 5e cable, and termination and testing of new and legacy systems
* Knowledge of Health & Safety of Electrical Installations
* Currently hold Ministry of Defence Security Clearance to SC level or above and able to achieve NATO SECRET clearance
* Hands on recent experience of Cisco 3560, 3750 & 6509 switches, HP 5*** series switches. Supporting certifications a bonus.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.