Sitec are currently recruiting for a Network Design Engineer for our client based in Hook, Hampshire. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months with extension to be likely. The pay rate for this role is £500 p/day Ltd DOE.
A Network Design Engineer is expected to be an expert in his/her field and thus be able to apply their knowledge to network design tasks and provide individual technical contributions within a design team. This role is for an individual with expertise and experience to Cisco CCNP certification level plus also knowledge of Juniper JUNOS and a demonstrable record of data network design experience
The Network Design Engineer will work as a member of the Network Design Engineering team and be allocated to projects.
* Provide technical proposals / designs to the Network Solution Design Manager / designated technical lead on the allocated project ensuring that all activities are carried out as requested.
* Document aspects such as - but not limited to - proposed designs, rationale for design decisions and agreements reached with both internal and external parties, as required by project objectives.
* Present designs at reviews, including rationale for design decisions, with ability to address and respond to observations to ensure success of the review.
* Work in a professional manner, ensuring that company processes are adhered to.
* To use his/her own experience and initiative to suggest improvements where necessary to the design solutions and processes within the Network Design Engineering group.
* Maintain his/her own technical knowledge and engineering methodology on both deployed and fixed communications by agreeing a training and development plan with his/her Functional Manager.
* Ensure that all allocated work is carried out in an efficient manner and is completed to time and to budget.
* Ensure that all design and delivery documentation produced is correctly configuration controlled according to company procedures.
* Network engineering qualification preferably to degree level, in communications or IT systems or other related engineering fields.
* Membership of relevant professional bodies commensurate with the business and technology fields.
* Technical qualifications and training in Cisco or Juniper solutions (CCNP, JNCIP) backed by several years of experience producing network solutions.
* Cisco CCNP and/or demonstrable evidence of attaining equivalent level of experience and expertise.
* Data network experience of LANS, WANS and security of data networks with a good understanding of COTS products pertinent to data networks.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.