Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Network Architect for a Nuclear Decommissioning site in Risley. The post is an estimated 3 month contract and is paying competitively up to £68.00 per hour (Umbrella or PAYE) for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
Our Client is transforming the way in which IT will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team that is well positioned to meet the changing requirements of the business.
They now require a temporary resource to fulfil a Network Architect position, employed to design and deliver new core network infrastructure and incorporate existing local sites services as a transition from an existing shared service to dedicated infrastructure.
The Network Architect will be responsible for ensuring the network infrastructure supports business needs and remains complaint with IT policies.
This will include gathering requirements, design, review, implementation and transition of network services.
The role will involve purely project based work on a temporary contract basis.
It is expected the Network Architect will have a broad understanding of infrastructure and networking services with a depth of knowledge and experience.
The Network Architect will report directly to the Solution Architect.
The Network Architect will create and deliver the design, and execute the build and configuration of the network infrastructure.
In addition, they will where required identify, prioritise, and resolve critical infrastructure related issues that impact business operations during implementation and transition.
The Network Architect will support the integration of new cloud services into the organisations portfolio.
They will identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving the overall infrastructure and network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency.
The Network Architect will be responsible for:
* LAN, WAN, ExpressRoute and Public / Private Cloud network integration;
* Design, test, and inspection of data communications systems;
* Performing network modelling, analysis, and planning;
* Installing hardware such as cables, routers, firewalls, switches and wireless adaptors;
* Managing technology vendors;
* Writing functional requirements/specifications and architecture documents;
* Performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems;
* Infrastructure Security, Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection.
The Network Architect will support the wider IT function and contribute towards:
* Establishing a new infrastructure and operations function;
* Defining standards and processes to support the new function;
* The Technical Boards and Service Introduction;
* Incident and Request Resolution;
* Disaster Recovery and Event Management;
* NOC and SOC Services;
* Capacity Management and Planning.
Experience & Skills
The Network Architect will have:
* 3+ years working in a similar infrastructure and operations role;
* Experienced in hybrid environments combining on premise, private and public cloud;
* Exposure to IT Procurement and Vendor Management;
* Motivation and be a self-starter able to work in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Responsibility for the delivery of their own work packages;
* Experience in managing and troubleshooting escalations and resolution of all infrastructure related issues;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Network Architect will have technical experience in:
* O365 and Cloud (Azure) connectivity;
* LAN, WAN, VPN, ExpressRoute and MPLS;
* WAN encryption;
* TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OCSP, VRF;
* VOIP Telephony, SIP, PSTN;
* Load Balancing Technologies;
* SIEM integration;
* Network Access Control;
* Deploying Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls;
* Firewall products deployed as standalone, high availability and virtual appliance;
* Firewall implementation, configuration, changes and troubleshooting.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.