Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Network and Firewall Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
As a Network and Firewall Specialist you will support and maintain the clients Firewall and Network Systems and identify and resolve network problems following agreed procedures.
You will be responsible for ensuring network services are maintained and up to date and resolve any loss of service due to hardware or software issues while making sure you meet service level KPI's.
We are looking for the Network and Firewall Specialist to have:
* Extensive experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks, ideally on large or multiple sites
* Good understanding of network security issues and protective methods
* Strong experience using JUNIPER routing/switching/firewall equipment, plus ideally CISCO and Extreme switches and Fortigate Firewalls
* Installation and configuration of switch/router/firewall components to establish/restore service to environments.
* Experience of implementing network security (dot1x, port security and network access controls)
* Experience with routing protocols ideally OSPFv2
* Experience with IPSEC and SSL protocols
* Experience with fibre cabling and Data Centre cabling management
* Experience with Data Centre network monitoring including SNMP and Syslog protocols
* Understanding of the OSI model and associated network service components
* Knowledge of IPv4 addressing and sub-netting
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.