Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Network and Firewall Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Our client is looking to recruit a Network and Firewall Specialist to join their team, to support and maintain the stable and secure operation of our Network Infrastructure and Firewalls.
* Implementation, monitoring and management of site Networks, Routers, Firewalls, and Security.
* Identify and resolve network issues by undertaking data network fault investigations to minimise the impact to services and customers.
* Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades.
* The support of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
* Scheduling, documenting and deploying planned work and changes.
* Maintenance and monitoring of security appliances.
* Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases in line with policy.
* Liaising with Project Management Teams, 3rd line engineers and Service Desk Engineers on a regular basis.
* Build and maintain good working relationships and communication channels within the IT Teams.
* Working out of hours to support planned work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks, ideally on large or multiple sites.
* Good understanding of network security issues and protective methods.
* Strong experience using JUNIPER routing/switching/firewall equipment, plus ideally CISCO and Extreme switches and Fortigate Firewalls.
* Installation and configuration of switch/router/firewall components to establish/restore service to environments.
* Knowledge of webmail and external email configuration and controls.
* Experience of implementing network security (dot1x, port security and network access controls).
* Experience with routing protocols ideally OSPFv2.
* Experience with IPSEC and SSL protocols.
* Experience with fibre cabling and Data Centre cabling management.
* Experience with Data Centre network monitoring including SNMP and Syslog protocols.
* Understanding of the OSI model and associated network service components.
* Knowledge of IPv4 addressing and sub-netting.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
* Able to work to tight timescales and communicate progress.
* At least CCNP or equivalent skill level.
* JUNIPER Certification extremely advantageous.
* ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject, or relevant equivalent experience.
* Experience of working in a challenging and secure environment.
* Knowledge of encrypted WAN links.
* Significant experience of implementing, configuring and troubleshooting JUNIPER equipment, VLAN's, trunk and access ports and port sharing /port channels/aggregated Ethernet links.
* Significant experience of working with various network monitoring tools, Netsight, Spectrum, Solarwinds would be advantageous.
* Significant experience of working with and implementing Data Centre Network designs and working within virtualised environments.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.