Sitec has a requirement for a Network Analyst (LAN) for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract position for an initial 12 months, although is expected to be ongoing.
The max pay rate will be up to £31.50 p/hr LTD Company.
This is a unique opportunity, with flexibility to work at all sites UK wide - this includes: Peterborough; Desford; Peterlee; Stafford; Shrewsbury; Wolverhampton; Solihull; Wimborne (Dorset). There is also an option to work from the CAT Larne site in Northern Ireland.
NETWORK LAN ANALYST
Caterpillar are looking to hire an Agency resource to join the European network team.
This position, based in Peterborough/Peterlee/Stafford/Shrewsbury/Wolverhampton/Solihull, is for an IT Analyst III design/implementation and support engineer. Primarily providing remote network support services to Caterpillar Facilities in Europe, Asia and the Middle East (EAME) and globally when required.
The position will report to the EAME Network services supervisor, based in the UK,
The job will involve developing Local Area Network designs, building the configurations following Caterpillar standards and then deploying those designs.
Providing adhoc remote support for network related incidents as and when required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE NETWORK ANALYST (LAN):
* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent as well as at least 3 years' experience of Cisco network technologies.
* Cisco CCNA qualification is required and any CISCO qualification above will be a significant plus.
* English is the required language but working with the regional team involves many countries, so a second language is an advantage.
* The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently and as part of a regional or global team, on assigned projects ensuring that company standards are adhered to and must show strong collaboration skills with remote team members based around the globe.
* The successful candidate will also have some knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to manage small network related projects as well as actively participate as a member of larger project teams.
* Some travel will be expected as part of the role including implementations in other countries within the region, relevant expenses will be covered as required and a valid UK driving License is required.
* In addition to the general outline above demonstrable skills in the following areas will be needed.
Cisco familiarity including:-
- IOS upgrade, WLC controller configuration
- Cisco Router and Switch configuration.
- Familiarity with firewall designs
- Understanding of related technologies (DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Fault finding skills
- Good documentation skills
* Basic Knowledge of a Ticketing software (Remedy/Peregrine).
* Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Putty, and other Network tools.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - OUT OF HOURS
There is an expectation that some out-of-hours work will be required so flexibility will be expected, joining the on-call rotation for 1 week every 2 months.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.